Cosmetic dentistry is a specialized field dedicated to improving the appearance of a patient’s smile.
Main Street Dental Arts offers several services to people who are interested in smile enhancement. Those who choose a cosmetic dentistry procedure typically have one or more of the following problems:
- Misaligned teeth that may also affect chewing and speaking ability
- Teeth with brown or yellow staining
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Missing teeth
All of these problems can have a negative effect on a person’s self-imagine. Cosmetic dentistry helps patients feel confident in one of their most important assets, their smile. If you have been considering cosmetic dentistry, continue reading to learn more about specific procedures.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Services
The following are some of Main Street’s most popular cosmetic dentistry offerings.
- Crowns and Bridges: A dental crown protects a tooth from infection after a root canal, keeps a dental bridge attached, and prevents further decay of an affected tooth. Crowns go on top of the tooth and cover it completely. A dental bridge is a partial denture anchored to surrounding teeth to conceal tooth loss. Dental crowns and bridges help to restore the function and shape of teeth. Learn more about Main Street Dental Crowns and Bridges
- Invisalign Braces: Patients who prefer not to wear metal braces can still get the treatment they need with Invisalign braces. You change these clear plastic trays bi-weekly. The dentist fabricates each removable tray to match your mouth shape so they are as comfortable as possible. You should wear your Invisalign trays at least 23 hours a day to encourage teeth to move into the proper position. Invisalign treatment time tends to be shorter than it is for patients who wear metal braces. Learn more about Invisalign
- Teeth Whitening: Your teeth may show staining due to medication effects, smoking tobacco products, drinking coffee and soda, and eating certain foods. Professional teeth whitening can brighten the shade of your teeth by several shades. The dentist prepares a customized mouth tray for you and then fills it full of whitening solution. For an in-office procedure, you leave the tray in for up to one hour. Some patients prefer to buy a teeth whitening kit from Main Street Dental Arts and wear the trays at home. Find out how white your teeth can be!
- Porcelain Veneers: This cosmetic dentistry procedure is ideal to cover stains, gaps between teeth, small cracks, and other common dental issues. The dentist affixes the porcelain veneer to your tooth after taking an impression and removing approximately one-eighth of a millimeter of tooth enamel. This ensures that the veneer doesn’t protrude and make the tooth appear unnatural. Brighten your smile with veneers. Find out more
We’re Here to Help
Deciding on which cosmetic dentistry option to pursue is a big decision. We encourage you to contact us to learn more about all of our procedures or to schedule a consultation. This enables you to find out if you’re a good candidate for the service you desire and to see how your smile may appear after treatment. Call us today and schedule a dental appointment