Main Street Dental Arts understands that children require a different approach when it comes to dental treatment.
Unlike adults who have visited the dentist dozens of times, children have limited experience and may feel frightened. Our professionals respect children by explaining what they are doing in terms they can understand. We have realistic expectations for their behavior and reassure them rather than dismissing their fears. With several years of experience treating pediatric patients, we offer your kids the following services:
- Bi-annual cleaning and fluoride treatments
- Counseling children on dietary choices and habits such as thumb-sucking or pacifier use
- Diagnosing and treating cavities and dental diseases
- Instructing children on proper brushing and flossing techniques
- Repairing or replacing teeth after an injury
- Explaining the importance of caring for baby teeth and what to expect when permanent teeth erupt
Treating Children and Adults with Special Needs
The staff at Main Street Dental Arts has extensive experience in treating children and adults who have special physical or cognitive needs. Autism, Down syndrome, use of a wheelchair, blindness, and deafness are just some examples of the challenges that patients face. We understand how to overcome communication barriers so patients understand that we are there to help them and not harm them. Main Street Dental Arts recommends that you schedule a consultation prior to yours or your child’s first appointment to help us understand any unique challenges in providing excellent dental care.
Our staff values each patient and subscribes to a person-first philosophy.That means the doctor sees the individual first and the disability second. We work with the strengths and abilities of every patient while making accommodations for their special needs. Feel free to reach out to us at any time with questions or concerns about special needs dental treatment for adults and children.